Monday, June 1, 2009

A Piece of Wisdom

As part of my morning routine after fighting getting out of bed, a morning thank to the Lord for giving me another day and everything else that I find myself doing, I always find the time to check my Facebook friends statuses.

In a world that is now plagued by social networking, it only seems normal that I get in my morning dose of technology. I often find myself thinking, “Why do I even bother?” but this morning was quite different.


A friend of mine by the name of D. Boyd had (well at least to me it is) an incredible status message. It went as follows: “I used to want it all, but now I just want what’s in my cart for right now. Everything in life you can’t have all at once, it just comes as you grow. Taking it all in at once shows you’re greedy and weak. Nah you don’t know the future is going to hold but it might be better than what you have now.”

On an average day I may have read this, shook my head, agreed and kept it moving, but today was not average. I soaked up every word like a sponge …. Well minus the square pants….and the Bob of course….. But I digress. *insert smile and/or awkward chuckle here*
I can be the first to admit I want everything right now, but after a self-evaluation realized that I would not appreciate it and probably cause some serious damage. That one status made me realize that sometimes what you want is not what you need, well at least for right now. When you have to work, shed some tears, and lose things along the way in order to attain what was meant for you it means so much more.

For one reason or another I was compelled to share this short blip with you. I want you to remember this….. You don’t need EVERYTHING, RIGHT NOW! You only need what is meant for that moment. As each moment passes have faith that you will receive what you need for the here and now. That "here and now" will lead you to what you need for your future.


Be Blessed, Be Beautiful, and ALWAYS Be You

Peace and Blessings,

~Juice~

By The Way: Be on the lookout for DnJs_humannature coming very soon to a computer near you
Follow me: twitter.com/anaturalstar

No comments:

Post a Comment